Who are the IDA?
The Illawarra Disability Alliance is a group of Not For Profit disability specific providers working together collegially and collaboratively to deliver better outcomes for people with disability in our local community.
I’m purchasing disability support. Why purchase from an IDA member?
All Illawarra Disability Alliance are local Not For Profits. We have a shared culture of supporting people with disability in our local community first and foremost. When you choose an IDA member you are ensuring:
- Local businesses thrive and innovate – because as long as we’re around, we exist to continue to find ways to support you better
- You are supported by local organisations who employ local workers – we believe that real participation and inclusion happens when local people live their life in their local communities
- Your access to high quality support – person centred isn’t a slogan, it’s a way of doing. Our members all strive their hardest to deliver tailored, individual support to each and every person who comes to us for support
- You matter – supporting people with disability is at the heart of our purpose, mission and reason for existing as organisations
What are the IDA objectives?
- Promotes the benefits of Not For Profit organisations as providers of quality person centred disability services in the region
- Advances the ‘for purpose’ community value that emanates from a Not For Profit ethos and mission based around culture
- Facilitates and encourages mutual sharing of information and allocation of resources to best serve a person with disability seeking services so as to provide options that meet their need
- Creates a collegially competitive environment between local Not For Profit providers with the aim to strengthen the prominence of the not for profit sector in the region through service excellence and quality outcomes
- Acts as a focal point to offer comment and assistance to policy makers, Government officers, media and the community in aspects relating to disability support and services in the region
- Where appropriate, advocates as a unified and collective voice on disability services, access and rights of people with disability